Sunday, May 18, 2008

My first earthquake

I have been visiting a friend in Reno, Nevada for the past few days and at approximately 1:44 am Pacific Time this morning I was jolted awake by a 3.0 earthquake. By most standards it was certainly no major quake but it was enough to wake me up from a sound sleep. I guess I can now scratch "Survive an earthquake" off of my life's to do list.

I took a trip to Lake Tahoe yesterday and found it to be a very beautiful place. I was amazed at the sight of swimmers and kayakers in the lake against the backdrop of snow capped mountains. The only regret that I have is that my girlfriend was not with me to experience it with me.

4 comments:

Eric K. said...

A few years ago, metro Atlanta (at least the north side) received an earthquake. It was very mild, but it was enough to wake me up to the feeling of my bed swaying, the ceiling fan swinging, and my cats looking like the sky was falling. Too crazy!

Cara said...

Is it sick that I envy your earthquake experience?

Tahoe sounds beautiful.

Cheryl said...

"Surviving an earthquake" is not on my life's to do list. "Not experience an earthquake" is, however, on my list. :)

DONNA said...

I jumped out of bed during the Atlanta earthquake also. K, I'm just glad you are safe. As far as being there with you, I'm not sure about the earthquake part!